This recipe might not be what you choose to serve at a dinner party, but for a household of two that wants a yummy dinner and leftovers … perfection!
Inexpensive, simple, and hardly any dishes….Ding Ding Ding WINNER!
Brett and I have reluctantly accepted the fact that our bazillion degree summer here in Texas is coming to an end. Bye-Bye lakes, pools, back sweat, moist feet (ew), and boob sweat for the next six months.
Since there will be a lack of bikinis for the next few months, what better time to prepare for having to put them on and feel fabulous next summer?!
Bye Bye, Summer.
See ya next year.
This dish is great and could easily become a staple in your home.
We start with 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts that have been marinated for 24 hours in some lemon juice and Tony Chachere’s Salt-Free Seasoning.
Peel up and chop your sweet ‘taters, grab your lemony chicken, and prep your 9×13 baking dish with a little ole spritz of cooking spray. Chop your grape tomatoes in half and throw all that sh!t in the dish. Easy peasy.
Throw that big platter of healthiness in your preheated oven (375) for about 45 minutes. Typically I wouldn’t bake boneless skinless breasts that long, but the sweet potatoes need a little more time, and the chicken remains juicy from the marinade and juices from the tomatoes, mushrooms, and broccoli.
Not the best pictures, but it sure was yummy!
This dish is nutritious as hell and freezes well. Yup, I’m a poet… and I know it.
As healthy as it is, I don’t think it could offset our Texas State Fair food… ahhh the beautiful land of grease, questionable restrooms, and $30 things you didn’t even know you could fry. I love you, Texas.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 14 oz bag frozen broccoli
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 oz sliced button mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- For Marinade:
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp Salt-Free Tony Shachere's seasoning
- day prior to making the dish, trim and prep the chicken, put it in an air tight container and cover with marinade. Put in fridge overnight.
- When ready to prep:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Peel and chop your sweet potatoes
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and slice mushrooms
- Toss all veggies in 1 Tbsp EVOO and 1 tsp Italian Seasoning and dump all the veggies in your dish
- Grab your chicken and nestle the breasts in the veggie mixture
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes
- Salt and Pepper to taste