This was a fun little budget friendly recipe. Budget friendly meaning I had flounder in the freezer, leftover limes from Brett’s Valentine’s Day dessert he made, leftover mushrooms, and an overwhelming amount of rosemary in the front yard.
Hubby is still chomping down on his perfectly measured out broccoli and chicken meals. I am still working on trying not to cook. He is succeeding. I am failing.
This was pretty delicious! All of my favorite things in once recipe. Mushrooms. Spice. Rice. Garlic. And I’m happy!
As the blogger I should probably do a better job of making food sound and look appetizing
- 4 Flounder fillets
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Salt Free Chili-Lime seasoning
- 1 Dash worcestershire (low sodium)
- 1 Lime, halved
- Heat grill pan or george foreman to medium heat
- Coat flounder with mixture of garlic, seasoning, worcestershire, and half of lime juice
- Cook on heated grill until flaking easily with fork (about 5-6 minutes)
- Remove from heat and squirt with remaining lime juice
- 1 Cup short grain brown rice
- 2 Cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 Cups sliced white mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (divided)
- 1 Tbsp fat free feta
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring broth and 1 Tbsp oil to a slow boil in medium sized sauce pan
- Add rice to boiling broth
- Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook 50-55 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat second skillet to medium heat and add remaining tablespoon oil
- Add sliced mushrooms and 1 Tbsp rosemary and sauté until cooked through
- Add remaining rosemary, feta, salt and pepper to rice and serve warm!