If you’re looking for something that’s easy and has you spending a relaxing day like this…
Look no further!
This is such an easy go-to recipe that can easily be made for a large family breakfast. I picture a lovely Saturday morning with one kiddo on egg duty, one on hash brown duty, mama bear pretending not to cringe as she watches, and Hubby on sausage duty.. because, well..
Time to bring in the big guns!
The sausage was store bought, but I like to fancy it up a bit.
- 1 lb package pork breakfast sausage
- ½ Tbsp fennel seed
- ½ Tsp dried sage
- ½ C. panko or bread crumb
- ¼ Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Well, it's quite complicated, so get ready...
- Throw it all in a bowl
- Mush that mess together
- Form patties
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat
- Cook formed patties for 5-7 minutes on each side.
Hmmm…. now I’m thinking I should have added some shredded cheddar on top!
Once all of your breakfast bundles of joy are assembled, smush those little beauties down long enough for the cheese to morph into glue. We dug into them a little too fast to capture a picture of the melted cheese. Not gonna lie, it was worth it.
- 4-6 Hamburger buns
- 1 Tbsp melted butter - for buns
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4-6 Eggs - Scrambled (plan on one for each sandwich)
- 1 Tbsp Milk for scrambling the eggs
- 4-6 Sausage Patties (recipe above)
- 4-6 Good Ole American Cheese Slices
- Heat a skillet over medium heat
- Brush melted butter over the insides of the buns and crisp them up to your liking
- Whisk milk and eggs together and heat a separate skillet (medium-high heat) - Spray with some non-stick cooking spray or coat with a little butter
- In skillet #1, turn the heat up and add the coconut oil
- Cook sausage patties 5-7 minutes per side
- While you're cooking the sausage, get your scrambled eggs going
- Once both are done, assemble your sandwiches, press them down for the cheese to melt
I hope everyone has a fabulous week!