June 18, 2021
Food Guide – Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup
This simple cheese and potato ham soup is the perfect recipe to use your leftovers of Easter ham or Christmas ham. The soup is creamy, soothing and so easy to prepare!
If you are looking for a recipe to use your remains of holiday ham, prepare this cheese ham potato soup. This simple ham and potato soup is a family favorite and a great way to use the leftovers of ham. Sometimes we make ham just to be able to make this soup. It is super soothing and delicious. And if you want to do everything, serve it with cookies or crispy bread. The ultimate comfort food!
Soup with ham and potatoes
Josh makes this soup after every big party because we always end up with leftover ham. I think he plans it this way so he can make cheese ham and potato soup. It’s his favorite.
The soup makes an excellent meal, especially after a big holiday, because it is super easy to prepare. You deserve a break after cooking a great feast! This soup can be prepared in about 30 minutes. Wow!
A few hints about this soup with ham and potatoes:
We use russet potatoes, but Yukon gold potatoes also work well.
- You can use chicken broth or vegetable broth for this soup. Use everything you have in your pantry.
- We like to use our hand blender to puree the soup in the pan. That makes it super easy. If you do not have a hand blender, you can put the soup in a blender and mix. Just be careful with the hot soup! You want to let it cool a little before mixing.
- We made this soup with skim milk and 2% milk, both work very well.
- We like to use strong cheddar cheese for more flavor. You can use ordinary cheddar cheese if you want. Pro tip-use pre-rubbed cheese to make the recipe even easier.
- If you have leftovers of ham, you can put it in the freezer and remove it at any time to make this soup! It’s always nice to have in the freezer.
- Garnish the soup with chopped green onions, if desired.
Make sure you have leftovers of holiday ham so you can make this cheese and potato ham soup. And if you do not have leftovers, you can always buy ham to make this soup. It’s worth it! This soup is creamy, cheesy, soothing and so delicious!
If you like this cheese Ham potato soup, you may also like:
- Minestrone soup
- Potato soup in the oven
- Simple soup with chicken and rice
- Cauliflower Cauldron
- Chicken Cake Soup