June 10, 2021
Foodies Guide – Turmeric Chickpea Vegetable Soup
Turmeric Chickpeas Vegetable Soup – This healthy vegetable soup is filled with colorful vegetables, turmeric, ginger, garlic and chickpeas. Enjoy A Bowl For Lunch or Dinner, It will Fill and Warm You!
Healthy vegetable soup
I could eat soup every day, especially in winter or in cold, rainy weather. A hearty bowl of soup will warm you up and keep you full for hours. I love this vegetable soup with turmeric and chickpeas because it is full of vegetables and flavor.
It is the perfect soup to start the New Year as it is loaded with healthy ingredients. If you are looking for a detox soup, this is a good one! It is also a great soup to eat when you are sick because it is loaded with goodness and makes you feel better. There is never a bad time to enjoy a bowl of this healthy vegetable soup!
Vegetable Soup Ingredients
This chickpea vegetable soup with turmeric is prepared with lots of vegetables and spices.
For vegetables I like to use:
- Celery root
- red pepper
You can easily take in any vegetables that you have at hand. Broccoli, zucchini, yellow pumpkin, mushrooms and spinach would also be good in this vegetable soup.
For spices and taste I add:
- fresh ginger (if you do not have fresh ginger, you can use ground ginger. I keep ginger fresh in the freezer at all times. It will last for months and it is easy to rub when frozen)
- Cayenne pepper (I use a little so that the soup is not sharp, it just adds a good kick. If you want more spices, you can add more)
I love using turmeric in this soup because turmeric is so good for you and I love the warming taste it adds. Turmeric and its most active compound, curcumin, have been proven to prevent heart health issue, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and can also help improve the symptoms of get-down and arthritis. Besides, turmeric and cauliflower are a game in paradise, have you tried my fried cauliflower with turmeric? SO good! And turmeric is not difficult to find, you can buy it in any grocery store in the spice aisle.
For a protein boost, I add chickpeas to the soup. If you wanted to make the soup fat, you can add quinoa, pasta or farro. You can also add chicken.
How to Make a Homemade Vegetable Soup
Homemade soup is the BEST, so much better than canned soup, and it’s so easy to make at home. I love making a big pot so I can eat leftovers all week. Believe me, you want to eat this healthy soup every day, because it is so delicious!
- Make sure you have a large pot to make the soup.
- Heat olive oil over high heat and add onion, carrots, celery and bell pepper. Cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. You should stir the vegetables from time to time so that they do not stick to the bottom of the pan and cook evenly. Add the garlic and cook for another two minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, bay leaf, turmeric, ginger, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Pour the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and let the soup simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas and chopped kale. If necessary, try and season with additional salt.
- Fry the soup in bowls and serve warm.